Have a Question?
WordPress AND WooCommerce Installation
WooCommerce is a free and open-source WordPress e-commerce plugin. It is designed for small to medium-sized online merchants who use WordPress. You first need to install WordPress and then install the Woocommerce plugin.
For security and performance reasons, it is very important to always keep up to date with these 2 pieces of software.
Installing WordPress You can find the instructions here:
How to Install Woocommerce
You can find the instructions on WooCommerce’s web site.
Tracepos Setup To connect to WooCommerce
It’s simple to configure Tracepos to communicate with WooCommerce. There are two steps to it.
- Generating an API Key in WooCommerce
- Copying API information into Tracepos
Generating an API key in WooCommerce
See the WooCommerce documentation for more information on generating an API key for the REST API.
Pasting API data into Tracepos
In the previous step, you generated your WooCommerce API keys; now, you must enter this information into Tracepos.
The steps are as follows.
- Log in to Tracepos and select Settings from the left navigation bar.
- On the Settings page select the woocommerce API integration tab
- In the Woocommerce connection settings section that appears, Select the Inventory Location that you want your online store to sync with; Your website URL formated as https://yoursite.com, your Woocommerce consumer key and Woocommerce Consumer Secret as shown in the image below.
- You have now completed the Tracepos and Woocommerce Integration.
After connecting your woocommerce online store with Tracepos, the next step would be to grant employee access to the Woocommerce module.
How to Grant Employee Access to Woocommerce Module
From the navigation menu on your left, click on Users select Employees
When you’ve done that, you’ll see a list of employees. It will look like this
Click the pencil icon. This will launch a new page that enables you to update the user’s information and privileges.
Scroll down to the woocommerce module and switch on the woocommerce module button to grant access to the employee.
After Granting Access to the woocommerce module, Woocomerce will be revealed on the navigation Bar. from here you can view your WooCommerce dashboard, orders, products and customers